We’ve seen many creative ways of getting the guests, as well as the local community to come together. And there is never a blueprint, it naturally depends on such things as the facilities.
Therefore it is important to be able to think outside the box, does your hostel has a pool/sinuca table or maybe table tennis? It could be a great opportunity to organize a tournament! Maybe you have a great outdoor space? Then it could be a fantastic idea to organize a barbecue with perhaps a game of quiz where the winner eats for free!
Here are some examples we would like to mention:
- Language course / language café
- Tournaments (table tennis, pool/sinuca, volleyball, etc..)
- Invite local chefs to cook and sell their cuisine
- Game night
- Swapping market
- Local music (maybe there is a local band or a group that would enjoy the opportunity to play for a crowd for free?)
- Theater groups could use the hostel as a stage
- A market for local arts and crafts
- Movie night
- Local organizations could use the facilities for fundraising
- Karaoke night
- Seasonal parties (christmas, halloween etc..)
Examples: Hostel 7 Goiânia & Brasília